Fight off Winter Cabin Fever!

       
I had a bit of Winter "cabin fever" with all the recent snow storms.

Cabin fever  explanation from Wikipedia:
"Cabin fever is an idiomatic term for a claustrophobic reaction that takes place when a person or group is isolated and/or shut in, in a small space, with nothing to do, for an extended period (as in a simple country vacation cottage during a long rain or snow). Symptoms include restlessness, irritability, irrational frustration with everyday objects, forgetfulness, laughter, excessive sleeping, distrust of anyone they are with, and an urge to go outside even in the rain, snow or dark." ......yup, I had cabin fever!
  I needed to force myself to get some fresh air and go find some "nature therapy" in the middle of this cold  month of January.   The moon looked like a big snowball in the sky.  Maybe the moon is frozen too?? That got me thinking about the temperature on the moon. I found out that because there is no atmosphere on the moon, the temperatures there are very hot during the day (100°C) and very cold at night (-173°C). That's extreme!




      (I don't think I want to move there but I know a few people I would like to send there! ) The one good feature about living on the moon is I would weight alot less...check this out:
http://www.tsgc.utexas.edu/everything/moon/calculator.html

Next I ventured to the town fishing dock to see my feathered friends. 










After a little fresh air and exercise I felt renewed.  Cabin fever gone.

                                                                 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humor Therapy/Laughter Yoga ~ Laughter, the best natural medicine!

Islip Art Gallery at Brookwood Hall Mansion-A must see!