Lemon Balm Herb - to relax you and also helps to save the bees!!!

Lemon Balm is one of my very favorite herbs for my personal "wellness".  It is in the mint family of herbs but it actually has a very strong, soothing lemon scent when you rub the leaves. It has been used as far back as the Middle Ages as a "calming" herb to reduce stress and anxiety, to promote sleep and so much more.  It is grown all over the world.  Plant some in your garden this year with your herbs and you will also help with the bee population! There is just so many ways to use lemon balm.  You can purchase the pure essential oil and burn as aromatherapy or place few drops in your bath for total relaxation. (That is my preferred method of use.)  It is also sold as teas, capsules,  extracts & tinctures.  Crops are grown all over the world and used in everything from medicines, cosmetics and furniture products. As with anything, if you have a medical condition consult with your physician.  I do not promote use of herbs as an alternate choice  in place of proper medical care.  I have used Lemon Balm in the bath for over 20 years and my experience is an overall relaxed feeling of well being afterwards. 
Here is a video I found on YouTube for more information: 


Here is a link for my favorite herbal wellness company where I get my Melissa  "lemon balm" Bath.
http://susiedurrschmidt.swissjust-usa.com/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?prodid=114&cid=115&ct=t

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humor Therapy/Laughter Yoga ~ Laughter, the best natural medicine!

Islip Art Gallery at Brookwood Hall Mansion-A must see!